[vdr] Re: OT: Breaking the Threads

Hi all,

Why do you guys hate M$ so much? Of course we don't
have to discuss the fact that there is NO VDR-like soft
running under windows ;o))

I use Outlook Express for writing mails, etc and I don't
think my mails are that hard to read ;o)). All it takes is
a little time and some twiddling of the setup config to
make Outlook "reply" properly. Of course, the person
replying should also L*O*O*K* at his reply BEFORE
sending it ;o))

A lot of people (not just this mailing list) use ToFu,
which is much more annoying. Others change the header
eventhough it is the same subject and yet others start a
new subject and don't change the subject line.

However, these are not problems that are caused because
it is M$ Software, but rather the guy (or gal) who is sitting
in front of the PC.

You will have to admit that quite a bit of software under
linux is, hmm how should I put it, NOT very user friendly.
Okay linux software is freeware and the kernel is very
stable, but so is Windows 2000 (stable I  mean ;o))

Easy example of  "something missing" in Linux. I have
two text files (or .c) open. Now I want to replace one
line in text file number 1 with a line in text files 2, so
I mark the line in text file 2 and press control-c.
Switching to text file 1 I mark the line to be replaced
(and have already lost). If I now hit control-v nothing
is replaced ;o((. Under Windows I can close the file,
heck, I can delete it, and still paste the marked and
copied line in file 1 AFTER I mark it and replace this
marked line with control-v.

I'm not intested in a flame war between OSes, but Linux
is not *THE* OS for everything. There is a LOT which
needs to be improved under linux. The same holds true
for just about any OS available. "I" don't think it is correct
to place the blame on M$ for everything. It is NOT just
the software, but also the person USING the soft.

Greetz,
Reinhard

> Olaf Mindermann wrote:
> Hello list!
>
> > IMHO everyone should take care of configuring
> > his/her mailclient in a  proper way.
> >
> > It's very annoying, if a reply starts a new thread.

---