[vdr] Re: OT: Breaking the Threads

[as this now gets really off-topic I set a reply-to header to my email
address in the hope to keep further replies to my mail off the list]

Reinhard Walter Buchner wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Why do you guys hate M$ so much? Of course we don't
> have to discuss the fact that there is NO VDR-like soft
> running under windows ;o))

You completely got my posting wrong. I just hate Exchange. And I had a
little off-list conversation with the list member I meant, and no, I do
not blame him personally for using this crap. As it stands, he, and most
other Exchange victims are victims of their company. He has no way to
change the behaviour of what he is forced to use. It is just that the
combination of Outlook and Exchange(5.5) silently drops any References-
or In-Reply-To headers => threading information gone :(

> A lot of people (not just this mailing list) use ToFu,
> which is much more annoying. Others change the header
> eventhough it is the same subject and yet others start a
> new subject and don't change the subject line.

Hear, hear!

> However, these are not problems that are caused because
> it is M$ Software, but rather the guy (or gal) who is sitting
> in front of the PC.

True, but IMHO M$ software comes with bad and insecure settings per
default and therefore most MS users just use it as it comes - which is a
reasonable approach. So the problem is back to Microsoft.

Ok, let's stop it.

Juri