[vdr] Re: Child protection / access control module

Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:
> Steffen Barszus wrote:
>>
>> 1) how does vdr react if channels.conf is write-protected ?

> There should be an error message and any changes to the channel definitions
> will not be written back.

I had a look at the SVDRP interface. Apart from the fact that in 1.0.4 the
DELC command isn't implemented yet (dunno for 1.1.x), everything is there.
So the core functionality for allowing / disallowing some channels could be
handled outside of vdr without any major change.

Not so for the authentication, though. As long as we have LIRC (1.0.4
again) this could also be handled outside, but not for 1.1.x AFAIK.

> VDR doesn't support reading in the config files on a SIGHUP.

Now that is easy... :-))

--
Tomorrow will be canceled due to lack of interest.