[vdr] Re: "Can't start transfer mode" ?

Harald Milz wrote:

> Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:
>
> > The ORF channels are not FTA.
>
> That puzzles me a bit. We've got the ORF channels on cable
> here. Does that
> mean the cable provider actually pays to receive ORF1,2 with
> his SAT dish,
> and charges its customers?
>
> In any case, what kind of CA would be involved here? ORF1
> sometimes carries
> ad-free versions of films on RTL or others at the same time.
> (Yes I know,
> _we_ can edit videos ... )

Hi,

the reason behind ORF being not FTA on SAT is (what else could it be)
copy- and distribution rights. E.g. Sat.1 and Pro7 have to pay for the
whole german-speaking european area when they broadcast a movie. ORF
only has to pay for austria cause it is encrypted on sat. On cable there
is no problem since it does not cross austria's borders.

CU Ulrich