[vdr] Re: Converting older programs was Re: Re: DVD plugin - anyone got it working?

In message <014701c2ad1c$9dee60d0$152ea8c0@RWBROOM>
          "Reinhard Walter Buchner" <rw.buchner@freenet.de> wrote:

> DVD Plugin works here with newest drivers ;o)

Which libraries are you using?

> Actually, transfering "old" plugins (as long as they aren't
> buggy ;o)) to the newest DVB driver versions isn't that hard.
> (usually doing the makefiles is sufficient)
>
> - Take a look at the code and search for ifdef NEWSTRUCT
> - remove this line
> - somewhere below this there will be an else
> - remove everything BELOW the (but including) "else" until you hit an endif
> - continue doing the above thru the rest of the code

Yes, this is basically what I did.

> The line "DEFINES += -DNEWSTRUCT" MUST remain there, as this is used in
> the actual program code to decide between new & old driver code. Of
> course, you CAN look through the rest of the code and then also remove
> this define in the same way (works best on single or small number of files
> codings), but you will need to watch out a bit more that you really kill
> and "unifdef" the correct lines ;o))

Umm... I didn't actually do this for the DVD plugin, since a quick grep
through the plugin code shows that it's *only* the Makefile that uses the
DVBDIR and NEWSTRUCT macros.

The DVD plugin compiles absolutely fine on my system - it just doesn't run
properly!  The disc starts spinning, and libdvdnav echos some stuff to the
screen, but then gives a few 'aspect ratio' messages, and VDR segfaults.

--
Richard.

"Ain't got nothin'but love babe, Eight days a week."