[vdr] Found a really CRAZY solution for the RTL problem

Hi all,

Okay, here is what I did:

First I played with the channel settings like Sybolrate, etc
NO difference The I set all APIDs to zero. Still NO
difference.

Then I reset all values to their original value and set
VPID to zero.

Guess what? I CAN record and playback (even simultainiously)
the recording.

Now a film w/o video is pretty useless, so I started thinking
about what else I could do. I tried a very sneaky trick. I set the
CA from FTA to Premiere World and reset the VPID to original
values. Guess what?

YES I could record RTL!! (Frauen hinter gitter). Playback (although
obviously NOT simulatainiously) also worked great. You don't need
to have a subscription card in your CAM modul (but it must be
insterted) into the CI.

I tried about 20 times to record & then playback RTL worked everytime.
W/o the mod, I NEVER got RTL to record at all (short sound and then
all blackness)

So, all of you, who have a CAM please test and verify if this works
for you, too.

P.S: I haven't tried the other problem channels, but I think the trick
will work there too.

Greetz,
Reinhard

---