[vdr] Re: MP3 Plugin

Hi Stefan,

> > GetIndex of Current & Total always returns -1 for me,
> > so I never see an OSD ;o)) It doesn't make a difference

> Well, I think it's working as supposed. The information for
> current & total are gathered from mplayer output. But as plain
> mplayer doesn't provides a clean output, I created the slavemode
> patch for mplayer. So either you failed to install the patch or
> for some reason the mplayer output isn't in the right format.

Ahwk. Then it *IS* my fault ;o)) I thought all patches were
obsolete with the rc4 & mp3-0.7.10, so I didn't apply it. Probably
a RTFM problem ;o)))

>But as plain mplayer doesn't provides a clean output

Yes, I am having this problem, too ;o)) I use the -identify
option to get some infos on the stream (for my Movie-Info
button mod). It takes a bit of code (and good luck ;o)) to
get Mplayer's output into a format that one can parse, to
get the infos ;o))

> > I added kGreen & kYellow to act like it does in VDR replay
> > (i.e skip 60 forwards or backwards) since your reserved
> > functions aren't implemented yet ;o))

> Yes, may be. I thought about some kind of playlist control (skip
> between files) as "future" use, but as I don't got time and/or
> motivation to work at this ...

I wasn't complaining ;o)) Its just that not everyone has enough
keys to be able to assign FF & FR (I do ;o)) and skipping through
a 2 hr movie with the 10 sec button isn't for the faint hearted, esp
if the "jump to" doesn't work (I have had this on some AVI files).
That was the *only* reason I added the above ;o))

> >       case kRight|k_Release:
> >       case kRight:   player->SkipSeconds(10); break;
> >
> > Is this a bug ;o) or a feature? The above ALWAYS skips 20
> > seconds (unless I never release the key) total instead of 10
> > (as you claim in the manual ;o)). Same goes for kLeft.
>
> k_Repeat would be the right think here.

Actually I think I have to redivide what I said ;o)) The way you
implemented it, is actually an interesting *feature*, but I didn't
realize this until *after* I had written the mail ;o)) If you just
tap the remote (left or right) Mplayer will actually skip only
10 seconds. If you hold it a bit longer it will skip 10 seconds
on touch and 10 seconds on release. SO, I think *you* should
really call it a feature ;o)) Thanks!! I hope you didn't change it
yet ;o))

I am using old FW, Premote and a TSOP connected to the CI,
although this should work with other RCU & IR controller-
receiver-control program combos.

BTW: Do you have any idea, why Mplayer doesn't exit cleanly
after ending replay (in slave mode) via any of the "quit replay"
buttons or if the movie is over? I always have to manually kill
all VDR threads (one stays a zombie, which needs an extra
kick to get rid of it) and the mplayer thread also needs to be
"extracted" manually from the RAM, too.

Greetz,
Reinhard

---