[vdr] Re: Software for live streaming? (streaming newbie)

Am Sam, 2003-03-15 um 17.01 schrieb Marius Berntsberg:

> Hi!
>
> What i really would like to see, is the possibility to create a "fake"
> /dev/video, or /dev/dvb/video0, device on another machine via the
> network, then it would be possible to use mpg4ip(mp4live)
> to do the processing  on another machine.
> is something like this possible?
>

> Due to my complete lack of programming skills, and my sparse knowlage
> about linux devices, I'm not able to make such a program my self. :)
>
> but it would be nice to see this..

I was looking for such a solution, but only found nbd for
storage-devices. Maybe enbd will do that job one day.

But currently I'd prefer if someone patches the streaming-plugin to have
one feed for every channel in channels.conf when using unicast.

But Sascha Volkenandt and someone else are working on
client-server-based plugins.

Rene