[vdr] Re: with 1.25 more crashes then with 1.23 ???

Wolfgang Fritz wrote:
> Oliver Endriss wrote:

>> I noticed the following (very rare) problems:
>> (1) ARM crash when starting a recording
>
> Did this by chance happen while replaying (recording started by timer)?
> I had some crashes in this situation, but that seemed to crash the whole
> system. I could only recover by hard reset because the RC did not work
> any more and I have no keyboard attached to the VDR. There were no
> entries in the syslog. I'll try to reproduce that if I can.

I just had this occuring tonight:
I was watching a recording while a currently recording stopped at 1:00
and a new recording should have started at the same time (and on the
same frequency [DVB-T]). The system seemed to crash, no ssh anymore but
ping was still working. The log just said:

Mar 16 01:00:00 glotze vdr[20704]: timer 2 stop
Mar 16 01:00:00 glotze vdr[20704]: deleting timer 2
Mar 16 01:04:04 glotze syslogd 1.4.1: restart.
That was when I hit the big button :(

>> (2) A/V out of sync
>
> I had that with the 1.0.0pre2 driver. I downgraded to a snapshot from
> 29. Jan 03 (trying to do the binary driver checks you suggested on the
> DVB ML) and have not observed it after that, but I will wait for the
> 3sat Tagesschau today which often had a/v sync problems (parallel
> transmission on ARD is OK). The driver snapshot works with the new firmware.

Ok, thanks for this hint. I'll search for the exact version where the
A/V sync broke in the next days. So far, it seems that the change was
incoorperated somewhere in February or March, but not in January.

Cheers,
Juri