[vdr] Re: [EXPERIMENTAL] new autopid /nvod patch

On Sun, Mar 23, 2003 at 08:47:52PM +0100, Andreas Schultz wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Mar 2003, Andreas Kool wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Mar 23, 2003 at 02:45:58PM +0100, Andreas Schultz wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > A new version of my autopid/nvod patch is at:
> > > http://www.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~aschultz/dvd/vdr-1.1.26-autopid.diff.bz2
> >
> > Is there a chance to use this patch with a DVB-C (cable) card?
>
> It should work, but you have to create a suitable transponders.conf for
> it. Basicly move the source, frequency and polarisation settings from
> you existing channels.conf into transponders.conf. Run the 'scan' tool
> from the dvb driver and fill in the tid's (it's the first field in
> transponders.conf).

Yes, it really works (basically)! _Very_ good work, Andreas!

If someone else want to test this patch with a DVB-C card, try this
"transponders.conf":

66:410:M64:C:6900

for the ARD-bouquet (IESY-Hessen-cable)

For daily usage the time for channel switching (~ 1 minute) is the
showstopper for now :-(

*Please* go on with this patch, Andreas!

Ciao,
Andreas
--
Andreas Kool (akool@akool.de * akool@isdn4linux.de * http://www.akool.de)
PGP: 3FBF2411 Fingerprint: B5 35 34 74 25 60 2A 7A  89 06 92 C4 08 BA A5 BD