[vdr] Re: Small OSD menu example?

On Wed, 4 Jun 2003, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

>Jan Ekholm wrote:

>> class MenuItem : public cOsdItem {...}
>>
>> MenuItem::MenuItem () {
>>     if ( item_is_directory )
>>         SetColor ( clrCyan, clrBackground );
>>     else
>>         SetColor ( clrWhite, clrBackground );
>>
>>     SetText ( item_text );
>> }
>>
>> That however never really worked out, the first menu item was always
>> missing (blank) and the selection bar never was shown. All example of
>> SetColor() in the VDR sources seem to do the same, as does the MP3 plugin,
>> so I'm a bit confused. But I can live without colors, just have to postfix
>> each "dir" with a "/" and the "files" with something else to make it
>> visible to the user what is what.

>The central area of the OSD has only 2bpp, resulting in a maximum of 4 colors.
>Maybe you tried to use more than 4 colors...

No, only one extra besides the normal white, in this case cyan. I also
tried some other colors with the same result. But maybe the 4 colors are
carefully chosen somehow, and I just happened to pick colors that are not
available.

Klaus, thanks a lot for you patient help, it is very much appreciated.

--
 The Emperor had all the qualifications for a corpse except, as it were, the
         most vital one.