[vdr] Re: BUG Report vdr 1.2.0pre1 and 1.1.33

Gerald Raaf wrote:

> I did some other tests on fta channels, before doing this i moved the setup.conf to
> another place so it would be newly created when starting vdr, and i start vdr from
> terminal not with a script. The starting of vdr instances is in all tests the same. Each
> Card is connected to an AV receiver and then to TV.
> Card2:
> vdr -E /video/instance/vdr3 -c /video/instance/vdr3 -p2003 -v  /video -w 90 -D2
>
> Card1:
> vdr -E /video/instance/vdr2 -c /video/instance/vdr2 -p2002 -v  /video -w 90 -D1
>
> Card0
> vdr -E /video/instance/vdr1 -c /video/instance/vdr1 -p2001 -v  /video -w 90 -D0
>
> Test1:
> zapping arround all Cards and display EPG infos and playing recorded movies. This all
> works fine. :)
>
> Test2:
> start a recording on card 1 (RTL2), view the recorded channel on card 1-3 all ok. :)
>
> Test3:
> start a recording on card 2 (ProSieben),  view the recorded channel on card 1-3 all ok.
> :)
>
> Test4:
> start recording on card1 (RTL2), start record on card2 (ProSieben), view the recordings
> from card1 on card1 or 2 is ok. view recordings from card2 on card1 or 2 is ok. When i
> hit the Menu Key on Card0 the system freeze after some seconds. When i switched between
> the cards output to TV i recognized that on all three cards the output is frozen.
>
> Test5 (viewing crypted channel on Premiere):
> i started the instances as described above.
> at card2 the cam is connected. In the Setup Menu i go to the cam stuff to tell vdr it
> can receive Premiere channels. After that i restarted vdr, and want to switch to a
> Premiere channel then i got the message channel not available. After this i stopped vdr
> and looked into the setup.conf
> PrimaryDVB = 1
> CaCaps = 1 101 -> this line i changed to CaCaps = 3 101 after this change i could view
> Premiere channels on card2.

There is apparently a bug in the CICAM menu in case VDR is started with the -D option.
Please change the lines

         snprintf(buffer, sizeof(buffer), "%s%d %d", tr("Setup.CICAM$CICAM DVB"), d + 1, i + 1);
         Add(new cMenuEditCaItem(buffer, &data.CaCaps[d][i]));

in VDR/menu.c to

         int CardIndex = cDevice::GetDevice(d)->CardIndex();
         snprintf(buffer, sizeof(buffer), "%s%d %d", tr("Setup.CICAM$CICAM DVB"), CardIndex + 1, i + 1);
         Add(new cMenuEditCaItem(buffer, &data.CaCaps[CardIndex][i]));

This should fix it.

> since all cards have PrimaryDVB = 1 in setup.conf (which i think is not correct) perhaps
> this could cause the deadlocks in vdr

PrimaryDVB refers to the total of all devices a particular instance of VDR
has abailable, so '1' means the first device of this instance, which is not
necessarily the first DVB card (it might as well be a DXR3 card of whatever
other device some plugin provides). So if each VDR instance has _one_ device,
each of them will need to have PrimaryDVB = 1.

> Test6:
> vdr -E /video/instance/vdr1 -c /video/instance/vdr1 -p2001 -v  /video -w 90
> with this most everthing works fine 2 recordings the same time, an playing one other
> movie, but after about every 30 minutes i get one cam read error, vdr-1.2.0pre1 didn't
> restart (thats ok for me) and there is a small video glitch (with artefacts) at that
> moment, before and after the cam read error the recording is ok and in sync.

That's due to the re-initialization of the CAM and can't be avoided.
We'll need to find out why the CAM communication breaks down in the
first place...

> Test7 (with Andreas Freund's ci patch posted on Sunday 25 May):
> vdr -E /video/instance/vdr1 -c /video/instance/vdr1 -p2001 -v  /video -w 90
> same result as in Test6

Klaus