[vdr] Zoom and Mini-Itx m/b

Hello,

Must start with thanking Klaus and the other VDR contributers for all
the work and effort put into VDR.

I was going to write into this mailinglist with problems receiving a few
certain channels over here in the UK (mainly BBC ones) where it took a
few gos to select the channel and getting the following in the messages
file... 'ERROR: ring buffer overflow (89 bytes dropped)'.  Also
recordings of the same channel suffered the same problem. The recording
was okay in Mplayer though.

But I have just upgraded to VDR1.2.1 and linux-dvb.2003-06-08 from the
VDR site and all has gone (even on previously recorded matarial).  I was
using VDR1.2.0 and DVB drivers from the 2003-05-24 with a Nova-T and
DVB-S v2.1.

One question I have is that some channels display a 4:3 screen in a 16:9
format so you get a big black border around the display on a 4:3 tv.  Is
there a 'Mplayers -panscan' option under VDR?  Is it possible?  If not
is there a utility that can convert the recordings?

Also I'm currently building a VDR PC to go in the living room (either as
a client using the streaming plugin) or with just the Nova-T.  The
Mini-ITX m/b's look ideal for this.  Has anyone got the dxr3 working on
these m/b's with VDR?

All the best,
Richard