[vdr] DolbyDigital (bitstreamout): Sound later than Pic...

Hello list,
(i'm new to this list, so please tell me if i mail in a wrong format,
etc. (i read the remarks mailed a few days ago!))

i just installed a fresh Suse Linux 8.1 on a clean HDD and afterwards
set up the newest ALSA drivers and the LIRC daemon. Then i downloaded
the newest DVB Firmware and the VDR-1.2.1 and installed them (as suggested in hubertus
sandmanns instruction).
afterwards i installed the newest bitstreamout 0.45d und everything
works fine with my soundblaster live 1024 which is connected to my
receiver via digital-coaxial cable. as soon as i switch to Pro7 (the
only channel i receive that broadcasts DD (i.e. i can't try another
channel) my receiver activates its DolbyDigital-Mode.
But the sound is approx half a second too late. its looking quite
strange if you see people talk but hear them later ...

i don't know what to do about that problem! i had had setup a vdr with
mp3, vcd and osdteletext plugin and thought they would interfere with
bitstreamout. thats why i totally cleaned the hdd and made a plain
installation with only DVB & VDR & bitstreamout running, but the delay
is still there :-(

is my pc too slow? it is a celeron running at 533 mhz with 256 mb ram.
i don't think the speed of the pc is the cause, because if i stop the
live-signal and watch the time-shifted signal (pause of 1-5 sec)
everything seems to be sync. recordings too seem to be ok, but i
didn't yet test a longer recording to check if A/V stays in sync!

i would appreciate any help to this problem, i'm getting frustrated
with that DD sound! ;-)

greetings,
Mario Schellenberger
mailto:schelli@gmx.net