[vdr] Re: vdr at dbox2

Rene Bartsch wrote:

> But as the DEBUG_OSD is already displayed on terminal it should be possible
> to send the ?bitmaps? to DirectFB. I've read in DirectFB-docu it can handle several
> layers and I think I've also read DirectFB can zoom. So the proof-of-concept
> is only a matter of C++ to be or not to be ...
>
> But I think the real problem will be A/V-syncing.
>
> Rene
>
> P.S.: A plugin-version without patching VDR certainly won't work as I don't think
> a plugin has enough access to OSD_DEBUG-classes. Klaus?

You shouldn't base this on DEBUG_OSD, this is just for testing the OSD handling
on a text only console.

Just implement your own derived cDevice that implements (amoung all the other things
necessary) the function

cOsdBase *NewOsd()

which returns a cOsdBase derived OSD display class. In that OSD class you
can display the OSD on whatever hardware you desire (see the actual implementation
for DVB cards in dvbosd.c). The basic OSD data is available in the form of a
cBitmap, which should be easy enough to transfer it anywhere where graphics
can be displayed.

You might want to look into the DXR3 plugin for an exampl, since I believe
that plugin must have done it this way.

Klaus