[vdr] DVB-s signal strength <-> transfer mode

Just a short report here from England and my DVB-T budget -> DVB-s setup:

I now see a clear correlation between having a strong signal on the DVB-s and stability in transfer mode. Having a weak or no signal at all appears to account for outcom errors, buffer fill ups and eventual ARM crashes. In this setup with a good signal on the DVB-s it seems 230k is enough for stable decoding. I've been running vdr 1.2.1 with the latest drivers and firmware for three days and only once had a 100% buffer with BBC-1 from which it recovered after switching channel back an forth. No ARM crashes, which is the great news. Previously I didn't have the Sat hooked up or when it did the signal wasn't always great.

The question would be why in 0.9.4. this wasn't a problem and whether it could be a change in the firmware or vdr's way of doing transfer mode which triggers this problem. With 1.1.13 and 0.9.4 I've been noticing when one comes out of replaying a recording back into transfer-mode it is apparent that for a short while one sees the DVB-s picture (if it exists). In 1.2.1 and CVS one doesn't see the DVB-s pic. However I'm still convinced there is a problem on channel changes / general starting ending transfer mode if the current lock on the signal on the DVB-s is bad. I'm wondering: Could there be anything to counteract this - i.e somehow not try to lock on a channel with the DVB-s when the signal is weak or missing?