[vdr] Re: Increasing SDRAM on DVB cards

On Wednesday 18 June 2003 11:33 am, you wrote:

> What about directly connecting the VGA-out of GFX to RGB-in of TV?
>
> Quite cheap, quite good quality!

This takes me back :)

Base VGA output is at 31.5kHZ. PAL runs at half that rate - that's why Amigas
and Ataris always had a very noticable flicker effect in 'high resolution' of
640x512, etc when they sent output at 15.75kHZ, there simply isn't the video
bandwidth to support this.

So, no TV I know of will display a VGA 31.5kHZ signal (perhaps that's what
modern 'progressive scan' TV's are... I don't know...).

Either way, it would require another external VGA -> TV box for most users...

Cheers,
Gavin.