[vdr] Re: Suggestion for vdr1.3.0 - Change general function of Up and Down, left and right keys during viewing.

Quoting redband <vdrlist@redband.force9.co.uk>:
> A feature I like on many other STBs is the ability to quickly see what
> is coming up on the current and other channels without going to the full
> schedule.
> This is usually achieved by using the up and down keys to display and
> navigate through the now and next of the other channels (as currently
> available by pressing OK or when channel switching but without actually
> switching).  Additionally Left and Right would allow the user to view
> program details beyond now and next (where available).  The user would
> use OK to switch to the program/channel currently displayed or record it
> without switching (assuming it's on the same transponder or a separate
> recording device is available) or to add a timer or just a reminder
> where the program has not yet started.  It would also be nice to be able
> to press an "Info" button to get the EPG description for the current
> program or the currently displayed program on the OSD, again without
> navigating through menus.

> redband

I'm happy to see that you exactly described what the "Pilot" plugin does :)
I missed those features also, that's why I developed it.
You can download it there: http://famillejacques.free.fr/vdr/pilot/

Still, some functions you are listing are missing. If I take them one by one:
- "viewing the EPG beyond the current and next": could be done, but this is
currently not high in my list
- "record without switching": same thing, this is not high in my list, and I
need to go deeper in VDR code to see how to do it
- "add a reminder when the program will start": I definitely add this one.
Excellent idea!
- "Info button to see detailed EPG": this is planned. Probably in the next
release.

Let me know if this plugin works for you.

Olivier.