[vdr] Re: dbox2 -> dreambox ?

Am Sam, 2003-06-21 um 21.42 schrieb Stefaan Coddé:

> I have absolute nothing against Convergence but if this ain't fixed,
> then VDR
> will *never* be stable at all.
>
> So, I vote for open source firmware.

Go on dreaming! Do you really think Texas Instruments will ever release
their libraries or data sheets in OpenSource?

I myself do not use full-featured DVB anymore (only in my parents P I
166 MHz-box), because of the crashes.

The only way to go is a low-budget card with software-backend for VDR.
This way all WILL BE OpenSource and become stable (though the
OpenSource-parts of the linux-DVB driver are a mess, too).

I only declare a driver or software stable if it can catch EVERY
hardware error and reset every hardware-part one by one. So linux-DVB is
far from stable.

Rene