[vdr] RE : Re: Suggestion for vdr1.3.0 - Change general function of Up and Down, left and right keys during viewing.

> > @Klaus: I would like to use the cMenuItem class to display
> / wrap and
> > scroll the extended info, as you do in menu.c. What is the
> best way to
> > do, being given that I have to use cOsd class. I maybe need to
> > re-implement the whole thing?
>
> I've read this question several times, but I'm afraid I dont'
> understand what you are asking me.
>
> There is no cMenuItem class in VDR. All cMenuXxxItem classes
> (in menuitems.h) are derived from cOsdItem. You shouldn't
> have to do anything to cOsd. If you can't use the existing
> stuff, you can always create your own raw OSD and display on
> it whatever you want (in whatever fancy way you prefer ;-).
> Keep in mind, though, that if you make it too complex, people
> using a DXR3 card may not be able to use it, because AFAIK
> (but I may be wrong here) the DXR3 can only display up to 4
> colors per individual window area.

I actually made a mistake when I sent the email. I was speaking of
cMenuTextItem to display the extended info (not cMenuItem which does not
exist).
I will try to use the cMenuTextItem and see how it goes.

Thanks,
Olivier.