[vdr] bug: Displayed progress of radio recordings is wrong

I've noticed that VDR progress display for radio recordings is wrong. Each second registered in the progress meter is approximately 1.6 real seconds, and the total recording length is also effected (a 2:10 hour recording displays as 1:20). Overall the effects cancel out so the whole recording is played back.

I tracked this down to the code which assumes that there are always exactly 25 index marks per second (FRAMESPERSEC). This may be true for 50Hz TV, but for a radio recording the index marks get written differently. The remux code returns the blocks of radio data in chunks of 0x800 (2048) bytes, but sometimes there is an odd 0x220 (544) bytes as well. For me this works out at about 15 - 16 index's per second.

I tried looking at doing some auto-calibration of the timing based on the real playback rate (number of playFrame / s), but the buffering in the output device seems to make this measurement far too erratic to be useful.

Has anyone got any suggested solutions for this?

Thanks,
Jon