[vdr] Re: Remote Control over USB

On 08 Jul 2003 14:44:37 +0200
Rene Bartsch <ml@bartschnet.de> wrote:

> No risk, no fun is fine, if you're bored. But not if there are risk
> and fun waiting on every corner like it currently is with DVB on linux
> (especially with the LinuxDVB driver). So I'm looking for a clean and
> affordable solution for my terminal-server.
Ok. I understand your position. Shouldn't you by a readymade device
including linux driver then? I hope you have read the homepage from Igor
Cesko because he writes also that he has overclocked the 90S2313 up to
12 MHz. So this device is more or less not for stable production devices
like your terminal-server.

> Hmm, how is it solved in the DVB-driver? It only needs the
> input-device support. That way the software - like the remote-plugin -
> can access the device generically (/dev/input/...).
Correct me if i'm wrong but this works only for devices which can feed
this generic inputdevice because they have already a module running?

> Rene

Greetings,

Stephan

--