[vdr] Re: Remote Control over USB

Am Die, 2003-07-08 um 15.05 schrieb Stephan Schmidt:
> On 08 Jul 2003 14:44:37 +0200
> Rene Bartsch <ml@bartschnet.de> wrote:
>
> > No risk, no fun is fine, if you're bored. But not if there are risk
> > and fun waiting on every corner like it currently is with DVB on linux
> > (especially with the LinuxDVB driver). So I'm looking for a clean and
> > affordable solution for my terminal-server.
> Ok. I understand your position. Shouldn't you by a readymade device
> including linux driver then?

If you can point me to a generic USB solution receiving and sending IR
which is below 30,- EURO and without licences and NDAs - yes (and
working with VDR without needing additional layers like LIRC).

> I hope you have read the homepage from Igor
> Cesko because he writes also that he has overclocked the 90S2313 up to
> 12 MHz. So this device is more or less not for stable production devices
> like your terminal-server.

So I did. I'll put it into the freezer ;o)
But I think the chip will do it - or maybe another one. I think the
hw-based USB-chips are over-priced.

> > Hmm, how is it solved in the DVB-driver? It only needs the
> > input-device support. That way the software - like the remote-plugin -
> > can access the device generically (/dev/input/...).
> Correct me if i'm wrong but this works only for devices which can feed
> this generic inputdevice because they have already a module running?

The question is, if that can be achieved by a class in firmware?

Rene