[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] vdr-serial-0.0.1

Hello guys,

I managed yesterday to get it all running. You find it under
www.lf-klueber.de/vdr-serial-0.0.1.tgz . At the moment there is one
major drawback. The permanent polling of the serial line lasts to 90%
CPU load for VDR.

So my question is how to slow done things a bit that the load is less. I
tried do insert something like delay_ms(200) somewhere whithin the code
but with no result.

Acessing the /dev/ttyS0 via c:File::FileReady and safe_read was not
possible. The plugin gave no reaction.

The standalone version which runs beside vdr one the command line (see
tools directory) produces not such a high load. So this must be
something in between plugins and VDR.

Any Hint is appretiated.

By the way my peace of hardware which is controled via the serial Plugin
could be seen under www.lf-klueber.de/Img_5521.jpg .

If this is running smothly I will add additional support for two LEDs
and the configuration of the serial line via options of the plugin.

Kind regrads
--
Ralf.Klueber@Vodafone.com           Vodafone D2 GmbH
Group Leader 'Radio Network Planning Tools and Methods'