[vdr] Re: streamdev plugin problem . server starts and stopsimmediately (http)

Am Don, 2003-07-24 um 18.16 schrieb Thomas Glomann:
> Hello !
>
> i have a vdr client which runs via nfs-root and has 1 DVB-s card (full
> featured, rev1.6). This machine is currently the only connection to my sat
> dish.
> I of course wish to have the tv streamed to all my other computers in my
> network.
> However, the http streaming doesn't work (using mplayer). The problem is
> somewhere on the streaming server side.
>
> I don't excatly remember the log lines, but it says sth like that :
>   http streaming started ...
>   http streaming stopped ... "IP client:port" ...
> no more info than that
> So the stremaing server starts and stops immediately.
>
> mplayer says the following :
>   Connecting to server 192.168.1.31[192.168.1.31]:3000 ...
>   http_read_response read 0 -ie- EOF
>   Unable to open URL: http://192.168.1.31:3000/1
>
> so whats going wrong?
>
> i have vdr-1.21 with live-ac3-patch, lnb-sharing-patch, Elchi-patch,
> autopid-patch and the usual plugins (shouldn't really matter)
>
> HOWEVER, some weeks ago, when I set up the whole nfs-root client computer,
> streaming WORKED. By that time, there was a second ff dvb-s card (rev1.3)  in
> the client computer. Both were sharing one LNB. Thus I applied the
> LNB-sharing -patch to VDR.  But with 2 cards the system was sometimes
> unstable so I removed the 1.3 card. Still using the same VDR binary with 1
> card.
> But now the streaming plugins doesn't work.
>
> Is the lnb-sharing-patch somewhatt affecting streaming ???

"http_read_response read 0 -ie- EOF" means there are no resources
(usually not enough tuners) to receive the demanded stream. Do you try
to receive from two transponders at the same time but only having one
DVB-card?

--
Rene Bartsch
Faculties MNI