[vdr] Re: VDR and 2.6.0-test1?

Am Don, 2003-07-24 um 18.42 schrieb Uberto Barbini:
> ET> Is it possible to use VDR with the dvb-driver that is included in the
> ET> "new" (newish at least...) 2.6.0-test1 kernel?
>
> Yes, I'm using it. But the dvb tree is quite different, maybe simpler
> but different.

I haven't done this within the last half year, but some time ago I
compiled VDR against DVB-driver and run DVB-kernel on the machine. If
DVB-kernel has not extended API it should work with VDR compiled against
DVB-driver.

@Klaus Schmidinger: I don't think DVB-driver will be developed further
more after kernel 2.6 has become public. There are one year old patches
in DVB-kernel which never made it into DVB-driver. DVB-kernel has a
complete new layout (especially SAA7146 subsystem). So it's time to add
the driver dependent sources to VDR to get it compiling stand-alone
without driver-sources.

--
Rene Bartsch
Faculties MNI