[vdr] Re: VDR and 2.6.0-test1?

Rene Bartsch wrote:

> @Klaus Schmidinger: I don't think DVB-driver will be developed further
> more after kernel 2.6 has become public. There are one year old patches
> in DVB-kernel which never made it into DVB-driver.

Which I really consider a pitty!
I believe I have incorporated every change I made in the DVB driver
into the corresponding place in the dvb-kernel driver, too - even
though I don't use the dvb-kernel version myself. Since the DVB driver
still _is_ widely used (and certainly will be for quite a while!) I
would expect the same in the opposite direction from other developers...

> DVB-kernel has a
> complete new layout (especially SAA7146 subsystem). So it's time to add
> the driver dependent sources to VDR to get it compiling stand-alone
> without driver-sources.

I'm not sure what you mean here. Since the API is the same, what should VDR
have to worry about which driver version you use?

Klaus