[vdr] Re: VDR and 2.6.0-test1?

Am Donnerstag, 24. Juli 2003 19:17 schrieben Sie:

> > DVB-kernel has a
> > complete new layout (especially SAA7146 subsystem). So it's time to add
> > the driver dependent sources to VDR to get it compiling stand-alone
> > without driver-sources.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean here. Since the API is the same, what should VDR
> have to worry about which driver version you use?
>
> Klaus

Well as vdr relies anyway on DVB API 3 it would be usefull to add the headers
to the vdr package. This way I would not need to add DVB/ tree in parallel to
vdr source. As there is no real need for the way now as far as i have
understood, it would make things cleaner IMHO. This way f.e. building RPMs
would be easier (a bit at least).

Steffen