[vdr] Re: VDR and 2.6.0-test1?

Am Donnerstag, 24. Juli 2003 20:16 schrieben Sie:
> Steffen Barszus wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, 24. Juli 2003 19:17 schrieben Sie:
> > >
> > > I'm not sure what you mean here. Since the API is the same, what should
> > > VDR have to worry about which driver version you use?
> > >
> > > Klaus
> >
> > Well as vdr relies anyway on DVB API 3 it would be usefull to add the
> > headers to the vdr package. This way I would not need to add DVB/ tree in
> > parallel to vdr source. As there is no real need for the way now as far
> > as i have understood, it would make things cleaner IMHO. This way f.e.
> > building RPMs would be easier (a bit at least).
>
> I don't think it is a good idea if an application contains the header
> files of a driver or any other library module.

Well the normal case is, that the drivers are in the kernels source. If an
application will bve compiled against an api it most often will be compiled
against the glibc includes. It was just an idea for a temporary solution.
Anyway if you don't want that, its Ok.

> Having DVB in parallel to VDR is just a suggestion (it's the way I have
> it). You can simply change the line
>
> DVBDIR   = ../DVB
>
> in your Make.config file to change this.

Yep i know ...