[vdr] Re: Picture breaks up when recording

Dr. Werner Fink wrote:

On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 02:54:37PM +0200, Marc Parnell wrote:

Hi,

I have a perfect picture from my system on all channels, but as soon as I start recording the picture breaks up (as if the satellite signal was suddenly too weak). The recording itself is also affected.

Does this happen an _all_ channels_? All means here vertical _and_
horizontal transponder. For channels on a horizontal transponder
the card has to provide 18V to enable the LNB to switch into
horizontal polarization. If the card only provides e.g. 17.5V or
less in case of recording it depends on the LNB if receiving is
possible and stable .. or if not.

I see simliar if I use an SAT inline amplifier ... in other words
the voltage is reduced by the amplifier and the LNB does not
iswitch into a stable horizontal polarization.

The problem was on all channels - as Rene suggested, it was the slow performance of the hard disk that was the problem.

Interestingly, I have found that I can only move my diseqc motor when 13V is selected, since the card cannot supply enough currenty at 18V. I get around this problem by only using channels on vertically polarised transponders to move the dish.