[vdr] Re: Videobufsize

> > i use three DVB Cards and ac3overdvb and autopid patch with these i get
ringbuffer
> > overflows, very soon after starting vdr. This does also happen with
plain vdr, but only
> > if the card go into transfer-mode which it always do (when watching
Premiere), because
> > the cam is connected to the third card.
> >
> > If you increase the buffer from
> > transfer.c:#define VIDEOBUFSIZE  MEGABYTE(1)
> > transfer.c:#define VIDEOBUFSIZE  MEGABYTE(3)
> >
> > i didn't get the ringbuffer overflow messages
> >
> > Gerald
>
> Strange... I also watch Premiere via Transfer Mode and never get
> buffer overflows.
>
> Klaus

Hello,

i think the used kernel have some influence to this. In my latest setup with
kernel 2.4.20/2.4.21 i have the same "problem" with "ZDF" in transfer-mode
(i have setup ZDF for testings to transfermode, to see if my second card
could receive or not (crashed)).

I will test it this afternoon with a higher buffer size to see if it is the
same problem.

Greetings

Andreas Share