[vdr] Re: LIRC teach 1.2.2

Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de(Klaus Schmidinger)  10.08.03 11:40

Once upon a time Klaus Schmidinger shaped the electrons to say...

>> ------------------------------------
>> Learning Remote control keys (LIRC)
>> Phase 2: Learing specific keys
>>
>> Press "Up" to confirm    (confirm what?)
>> Press "Down" to continue (continue with what or where?)
>> ------------------------------------
>>
>> Before that i had 3 keys
>> I did not press "down" i tried to find a key for "pause"
>> or "stop".

>I went through this sequence (for the KBD codes, but there's
>no difference to LIRC here):

> Learning Remote Control Keys (KBD)

> Phase 2: Learning specific key codes

> Press key for 'Up'
> ---------------------------------------- here I pressed "Up"
> Learning Remote Control Keys (KBD)

> Phase 2: Learning specific key codes

> Press key for 'Down'

> (press 'Up' to go back)
> ---------------------------------------- here I pressed "Down"
> Learning Remote Control Keys (KBD)

> Phase 2: Learning specific key codes

> Press key for 'Menu'

> (press 'Up' to go back)
> (press 'Down' to end key definition)
> ---------------------------------------- here I pressed "Down" again
> Learning Remote Control Keys (KBD)

> Phase 2: Learning specific key codes

> Press 'Up' to confirm
> Press 'Down' to continue

There is a step "menu" i did.

>Now this is apparently the screen you are seeing.

>However, if you didn't press "Down",

I didn't press "down"! ;-)
My fingers are not that wide ;-)

>I have no idea _why_ you are seeing it.

I have only the idea that the key i pressed
generates the code for "down" too!
(Meaning the RC is broken or the LIRC table)

>The "confirm" and "continue"
>refers to the "press 'Down' to end key definition"
>from the previous screen.

That context is only clear when i pressed if key "willingly".

>You could change the line

>           case kDown: WriteText(1, 5, tr("Press 'Up' to confirm"));

>in VDR/interface.c to something like

>           case kDown: WriteText(1, 5, tr("Press 'Up' to confirm
>ending key definition"));

That's good!

>if this makes things easier for you.

Not only for me ;-)

>> But instead i end in that "dialog".
>> Pressing "Down" bring me back to the learing menu
>> with the asked key "back".
>>
>> When i use "Menu" to skip pause etc. i'm asked
>> for "Channel+"
>> But that seems to be the same code as "Up" so
>> i ran into a problem...

>If on your remote control the "Up" key is also labeled "Channel+",
>then you can't use that key for both funtions.

No, i have a key "Up" and a Key "Channel+"
Due to unkwon reasons LIRC seems not to be able to diffentiate
between the two.

>VDR uses the "Up" key for switching channels in normal viewing mode,
>while the "Channel+" key is a "dedicated key" that can be used even
>while inside a menu.

>So these have to be different key codes (otherwise just skip
>the "Channel+" key definition and zap with the "Up"/"Down" keys.

Yep.

>What sense does it make to have "Mute" and "Vol-" on the _same_ key?

Ask the LIRC table ;-)

I think that the RC is generating "multi codes" or what ever stuff
which LIRC can't detect correctly.

Rainer