[vdr] Re: Playing DVD ?

Hi, Klaus
> I did watch a few DVDs recently, using the DVD plugin.
> Since I did only very limited menu access and no FFwd or
> FRew, just playing the movie and the special features
> worked acceptably.
In june Daniel Saez and me where checking the state and problems of the
dvd-plugin, most navigation issues where related to libdvdnav and were not
fault of the plugin. We fixed many of them, but as there where some other
related to still pictures we didn't issue a patch.

> The major problems I see are the sometimes incorrectly displayed
> still pictures for menus, and the complete dropout during FFwd/FRew.
> Sure I'd appreciate if somebody would fix this, but that means
> somebody would have to have time and knowledge to do it...
The problem of still pictures was fault of both the dvb driver and the plugin
code. We fixed the problem at the dvd plugin code but no one was interested
on the patch (search Daniel's mails to the list "dsaez@iti.upv.es").
The problem at the driver must be a firmware one as we have checked the still
picture routines and them seem OK. When you make use of this routines you can
feed the first still picture but trying to show a secong one has
unpredictable results.

Luis Martinez