[vdr] Re: Playing DVD ?

Martin Fischer wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 August 2003 01:00, Juri Haberland wrote:
>
>> DVD track ends in ugly hacks, as the one that was posted recently to the
>> list (I'm not complaining about this specific patch/addon).
>> I should have rejected those whishes in the first place...
>
> You don't talk about my checkdvd hack, do you? :-)

Yes, I think it was that prog that creates a couple of DVD dummy files
for each track. This is ugly is hell (the concept, not the code) as well
as the whole idea of playing DVDs with mplayer.

> My dream would be to integrate the dvd title navigation
> into the mplayer plugin. To support better video replay
> one could use some functionality (-identify) from your
> script in the plugin to display width, height, codecs etc.

So you want the MPlayer plugin to become a DVD plugin Mark II.

> ...btw. I wrote something quite similar at you in vdr-portal
> 5 minutes ago. I didn't read the mailing-list before ...

And I answered with:
Better forget mplayer - if you want to code then better fix the DVD-Plugin ;)
As the still-picture/menu problem seems to be fixed, it works quite nice
so far.

(I would do it myself (probably), but I don't know much about C++)

Cheers,
Juri