[vdr] Re: AC3overDVB

Hallo,

>Okay- since this should work in theory, how can I make it become reality?
>:)
>Connection Nexus <--> Receiver is established.
>Do I need additional software besides VDR and DVD-Plugin to get AC3 Sound?

Yes the AC3overDVB patch ;)

>Normally I should have this blue light shining whenever I deliver special
>Sound input.
>This blue light reads "Multi Channel Decoding" on my Sony STR-DE 475.
>What is this inidcating?

I also have a Sony (STR-DB780QS) and on my reciver it shows the blue light
whenever AC3 or DTS sound is played. It also says that textual in the
Display - probably it is the same on yours.
Try ZDF, Sat1 and Pro7 with the right DPID and you will see that it shows
DD2.0 on Pro7 and f.x. DD [LtRt] on ZDF. As Werner told there are also
other small Symbols. Take a look at the Manual of your reciver - RTFM ;)

Also try a DVD with AC3 sound and one of the Newer DVD plugins from Sven.
here you can chnage the sound with the "1" key.

It might be that it does not work at all.

Greerings
Christian Jacobsen