[vdr] Re: DVD Plugin loading problems

Sascha Volkenandt wrote:
Upgrade your distro to one which uses at least gcc 3.2, or downgrade
> your gcc back to 2.9x

Hehe, I can see an infinite loop starting here.

I originally upgraded my compiler from 2.95 because one of the plugins I was trying to compile (streamdev) wouldn't compile due to the fact it relied on a newer version of the compiler, so I chose the oldest version of gcc 3.x in the hope it would give me the least trouble with my distro.

Perhaps I should explain that the machine I'm compiling on is actually my main server and that's still running SuSE 7.1 which uses gcc 2.95. Now, there's no sensible way to upgrade my distro from 7.1 - it's just too old and has had too many extras bolted on, so either I try and gentle patch here and there, or it gets rebuilt.

I didn't realise that I'd have to rebuild ALL of the shared libraries if I changed compiler - that's a total nightmare. I guess I'll gave to give in and rebuild the server. Good job I have next week off work ;-)

Thanks for all your help guys.

-S