[vdr] Cutting a MPEG file using an external tool

Hi all,
I want to cut some of my VDR-recordings, which I already converted using
dvb-mplex -DVD...
Do you have an idea, which tool I can use via command-line to cut for
example 30 seconds from the end and/or the beginning of the recording?
I know that I could regenerate the index.vdr file and use VDR for cutting,
but I'm searching for a separate command-line tool, that can be used by
specifying offsets from the beginning and end in seconds.
Any help is appreciated.

Best regards,
Anton