[vdr] Re: RE : Pb with ttxtsubs-0.04b and vdr-1.2.6

--On den 5 november 2003 22:23 +0100 karim <kafifi@nerim.net> wrote:

This a special channel which is using by a french operator to provide
proprietary epg.
Unfortunately, I can't explain the difference between this "epg channel"
and the others. Perhaps someone could tell us more ?

That's what I mean : vdr doesn't give up and displays indefinitely
"Ttxtsubs: Service Information read : timeout"

If you're on Astra, and if you have a little time ;-), you can easily
repeat this by tuning vdr on this epg channel :
EPG CANAL:12363:v:S19.2E:27500:160:80:0:0:94:0:0:0
(I don't have equipment to receive astra, sadly).

Darn, I was hoping not having to touch the service information
scanner code until I can replace it with the built in one in
vdr 1.3 that I hope will be there and complete enough for
me to use instead.

I guess it is a bug in that code that makes it loop in a bad
way when fed with some broken/unusual service information data.
It is probably easy to make a workaround, I'll take a look when
I get the time. If you like you could take a look yourself
of course.

/ragge