De : Ragnar Sundblad [mailto:ragge@nada.kth.se]
Envoyé : mercredi 5 novembre 2003 21:54
À : karim
Objet : Re: [vdr] Pb with ttxtsubs-0.04b and vdr-1.2.6

--On den 5 november 2003 14:31 +0100 karim <kafifi@nerim.net> wrote:

> I've noticed a pb with ttxtsub-0.0.4b + vdr-1.2.6pr4  + DVB
> 13-10-2003.
>
> Since I am using "mhwepg", I've to download epg by tuning vdr on this
> channel :  EPG CANAL:12363:v:S19.2E:27500:160:80:0:0:94:0:0:0
>
> When I do this, I loose the control of vdr. I mean vdr sticks on the
> epg channel, and I can't return to any  other channel. Vdr is
> displaying :
>
> Ttxtsubs: Service Information read : timeout
> Ttxtsubs: Service Information read : timeout
> Ttxtsubs: Service Information read : timeout
> Ttxtsubs: Service Information read : timeout

This should only happen if there is no service information
on the channel (which typically means that there is no
signal, or the frontend has hung or something), and it
should give up trying after 5 seconds anyway.

Is this a normal and working transponder? Are there
any program channels on this transponder?

> Svdrp doesn't respond (I've a timeout msg).
> I've to kill vdr by pressing ctrl-c

Do you mean that it doesn't give up after 5 seconds?

> Do you have any idea about this problem ?

Sounds strange, I don't know yet what this could be.

/ragge