[vdr] Re: vdr-xine-plugin 0.0.2 problem

> > You must not have loaded any dvb-driver !
> > Without it works, somewhat.
> I don't understand that. I use
> 	./runvdr -Pxine
> which first loads the DVB driver and afterwards VDR.

At least for me that does'nt work, also have -Panalogtv and want to look it's
data stream on xine - maybe that's the difference to your setup?

> Well, from time to time, xine doesn't sychronize after switching channels.
> Maybe it helps to pause playback via xine's GUI for about 1 second.

I think it's related to the usage of analogtv and mp1e-encoder?

> > Another thing is, that the video-size send via the FIFO does change the
> > size of the xine-window instead of simply scaling correctly. @Reinhard:
> > please add this to the README...

Sorry - the README thing was meant only for the problem on top, not the
scaling thing...

> I don't modify any of the packets, that VDR hands me over. It's xine's
> behaviour to act like that (e. g. the same happens, if you play a DVD). I
> don't think that I can do anything about that.

Maybe there is a way to set it to a fixed size.

> The problem is, that xine blends the OSD into unscaled video and then
> scales the result according to the stream's aspect ratio. Stations like
> VIVA send only 480x576 images, but VDR's OSD is perfect on 720x576
> resolution.

Yes, i could verify that using an 720x576 recording.

> The real bug is, that xine doesn't clip the too large OSD, but simply wraps
> it. In my opinion it doesn't make sense to prescale VDR's OSD for perfectly
> matching the video image, due to the loss of OSD qualtity. A later approach

Agreed - how does tvtime blend it's overlay on top of the xv-image?

> could be to blend the OSD after scaling the video by using two hardware
> overlays which xine will support later by using the XvMC API.

My card supports the MC API - i could test it.

> Please explain that more detailed. What's SVDRP?

Well - i thought it would be nice if one can control vdr via socket just like
xawtv and my kvdr do - mainly you need to connect some keys to a function
that send "HITK" commands to vdr - or you can use the FIFO in the opposite
direction to send those command to your plugin which can activate the actions
in vdr directly (not all users control vdr via remote-control).

> Well, I had a look into xine's and mplayer's sources and xine's really look
> more modular, but I didn't have a look into mpeg2dec so far.

it simply uses libmpeg2 and not much fuss around.

> Well, I'm working (at least thinking) about release 0.0.3 for quite some
> time now, but after beeing 9 to 12 hours at work, there is no time left for
> any real progress on the project. Only on Sunday, I find a some hours to
> work on the plugin.

Me too, no worry - just busy in the office with a large Java-based project...

Guido