[vdr] Re: Corrupted recordings

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, Malcolm Caldwell wrote:
> IMHO:
> This is a subtle problem - hard to track down.  If there was a clear and
> simple bit of code that demonstrated the problem then that could be
> passed on to the driver developers and they could have a go at fixing
> it.
> Another problem may be that no one with extensive programming experience
> has this problem themselves.  It would need someone who has a system
> with these errors to themselves try to debug the drivers.

  I completely agree.  I see the problem - once a month.  I have enough
programming skills to track a bug when it shows it's ugly head often
enough but this is just too infrequent one.

  For me a good enough solution to have is that enough 'unknown picture
type' errors in a row should exit vdr -> reload driver.  I'll make a
patch before I leave for my next holiday :-) or maybe sooner if I have
time.

Jaakko

--
Foreca Ltd                                           Jaakko.Hyvatti@foreca.com