[vdr] Re: Unkown Picture Type 6

Hello,

Dr. Werner Fink wrote:
> Just a guess: maybe it would help to slow down the PCI access
> a bit. If you found a BIOS entry like
>
>         PCI Delay Transaction
>
> and
>
>         PCI#2 Access #1 Retry
>
> you should enable both.  Also decreasing the PCI version may help
> (hey DVB cards are old hardware).

The motherboard I'm using in my VDR-PC is a Gigabyte GA-7IXE4 with
an Amitrend 1.23 bios.  This board is also so old, that it still has
even two ISA slots ;-) and it used to work rock solid since I bought
it together with the two DVB cards in early 2001.  The board could
be called outdated at the time I bought it, but at that time it seemed
to be ideal for the purpose of building a PC dedicated to VDR.

Obviously the settings you mentioned are only present on newer boards.

But thanks for the hint nevertheless:  Especially since I mentioned, that
I switched away from SuSE to Debian on this box.  ;-)

Regards, Peter
--
Peter Funk, Oldenburger Str.86, D-27777 Ganderkesee, Germany
office: +49 421 20419-0 (ArtCom GmbH, Lise-Meitner-Str. 5, D-28359 Bremen)