[vdr] Re: Converting VDR audio recordings to mp3...

On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 11:17, Koch, Steffen wrote:
> > Does anyone have a good method for converting vdr audio
> > recordings, i.e. froma radio channel, into a working mp3?
> Whats the reason you need mp3? Does mp2 work too? Then you could just
> demultiplex the vdr file, et voila.

Passing the files on to someone else without vdr!

I did have a quick go at demultiplexing with pes_demux but that gave me
exactly the same file as the audio stream and an empty file as the video
stream (will look into pvastrumento as mentioned elsewhere).

Converting it to mp3 with: lame -h --mp2-input 001.vdr test.mp3
Did give me an mp3 but it had lots of clicks in it. This works fine from
my own scripts to record stuff using cron combined with:
dvbstream -> ts2es -> lame

I'm assuming that vdr adds stuff to the stream, or converts it like with
video.

Cheers,

Laz