[vdr] Re: Converting VDR audio recordings to mp3...

At Montag, 10. November 2003 12:23 Laurence Abbott wrote:
> Passing the files on to someone else without vdr!
>
> I did have a quick go at demultiplexing with pes_demux but that gave me
> exactly the same file as the audio stream and an empty file as the video
> stream (will look into pvastrumento as mentioned elsewhere).
>
> Converting it to mp3 with: lame -h --mp2-input 001.vdr test.mp3
> Did give me an mp3 but it had lots of clicks in it. This works fine from
> my own scripts to record stuff using cron combined with:
> dvbstream -> ts2es -> lame
>
> I'm assuming that vdr adds stuff to the stream, or converts it like with
> video.

Try the same with pes2aud_es for the 001.vdr, that should work fine (at
least here it does).

I use cat 001.vdr | pes2aud_es | mpg123 -w xyz.wav in my VDR2CDA script, but
if mpg123 can decode that audio ES, lame should, too, right?

Greetings,
Sascha