[vdr] Re: EPG limitations in radio recordings

> Not about radio, but I've noticed often that the EPG for the
> current day is often missing for one Finnish TV channel.
> This may be related, since the EPG information for the next days
> is always present.
>
> There's some sort of setting for backgroung EPG update (or whatever)
> in VDR, but I have no idea what that setting is supposed to be doing.

Same here Ari, many funny EPG things happen in Finland. Its a simple bug on
their side, sometimes they are really not broadcasting EPG for the next few
days. You don't need to worry about the background scan, if you're on say
MTV3 (watching) then VDR is receiving EPG (if its there).

I've seen that one usually on MTV3. Then there are audio sync problems
sometimes on SubTV. And of course all EPG descriptions are sent in the wrong
field (subtitle instead of description) so they are truncated at XYZ chars.

Cheers :)
Dennis