[vdr] Re: EPG limitations in radio recordings

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Dennis Noordsij wrote:

>> Not about radio, but I've noticed often that the EPG for the
>> current day is often missing for one Finnish TV channel.
>> This may be related, since the EPG information for the next days
>> is always present.
>>
>> There's some sort of setting for backgroung EPG update (or whatever)
>> in VDR, but I have no idea what that setting is supposed to be doing.
>
>Same here Ari, many funny EPG things happen in Finland. Its a simple bug on
>their side, sometimes they are really not broadcasting EPG for the next few
>days. You don't need to worry about the background scan, if you're on say
>MTV3 (watching) then VDR is receiving EPG (if its there).

You will see missing EPG data if you haven't tuned to some channel (or the
same transponder/bouquet) for a while. It should appear pretty fast after
you switch to it though.

But, some channels here in .fi don't really seem to know what they are
doing. IMHO the public service channels (YLE) are much better than the
commercial ones, especially Nelonen is so fubar.

>I've seen that one usually on MTV3. Then there are audio sync problems
>sometimes on SubTV. And of course all EPG descriptions are sent in the wrong
>field (subtitle instead of description) so they are truncated at XYZ chars.

Ah, would that be why it's rare to see a full description field here, they
are usually truncated at some point. But why would that happen at "XYZ"
chars?

--
         Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.
                                              -- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather