[vdr] Re: New feature: hightlighting favorites in the EPG?

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, Dennis Noordsij wrote:

>> Or you can use VDRAdmin to automatically record the interesting shows for
>> you, thus taking away the boring job of goinf through the EPG data.
>
>Which reminds me of another problem with Finnish EPG, sometimes after a while
>I'll have the same show timed by vdradmin at slightly different times, i.e.
>the EPG info changes! they announce it first at 21:55, then for some reason
>at 18:00, and finally at 22:00. Nobody usually notices because it happens in
>the 4-6 day future, but vdradmin will set timers for all of these times.

This annoyed me enormously too, but it seems to be something they do with
the event id:s for programs. At least for me the changing event id:s meant
that VDRAdmin kept prolonging ongoing recordings sometimes for hours.
The great folks developing VDRAdmin tracked down the problem and
introduced a nice setting for vdradmin.conf where you can set the channels
where even id:s are *not* used. For me that is:

NO_EVENTID_ON = 6,7

Which are the id:s for the channels MTV3 and SubTV. On these channels
VDRAdmin will only use the time and date for recording, not the event
id:s. Since that (and the recent daylight saving fix) VDRAdmin has been
stable as a rock. :)

Maybe this helps, maybe not. The Finnish DVB providers are however
clueless...

--

        Most gods find it hard to walk and think at the same time.
                                             -- Terry Pratchett, Small Gods