[vdr] Re: Barebone questions

On Thursday 13 November 2003 21:19, David wrote:
> > I had no other problem except that the CPU was not fast enough.
>
> I have a full featured DVB-s card.
>
> hmm, i think i have to test it...
>
> other experiences?

Hi,

150 Mhz is enough!  I once used a 133 Mhz Pentium CPU with a fullfeatured DVBs
and NFSROOT. Everything worked just fine. If I remember right, even DVD
playback caused no trouble. Only the OSD Games plugin needed a little more
CPU power  ;) ..

I don't know if you could use a remote dvd drive. I once asked the same
question to the list here but there was no encouraging answer. So best way
would be to connect a cheap DVD drive to the IDE port. This is what I did.
Not very beautiful because the 'internal' drive is outside ontop of my case.
(my case is too small for the drive to fit inside, even with an epia
board...)  But it works and this is all I need ;)