[vdr] Re: Shutdown during recording

Hello,

JG> I just discovered the following behaviour in vdr 1.2.6:
JG> - I started a timer scheduled recording
JG> - pressed the "Power off" button.
JG> - Got the OSD warning "Recording running! Really want to shutdown?"
JG> - pressed "OK" on remote
JG> - OSD changed to "Press any key to abort shutwon"
JG> - I pressed no key but the shutdown aborted anyway.

I never saw this, maybe I never wanted to shutdown during a recording. But if this is the case I would vote for disabling this feature.
In my opinion vdr should never shutdown when a recording is active. If you want to do so you should first stop the timer.
e.g. if you want to leave a train there is no message: "our speed is 150 mph - do you really want to exit ?" :-)
---
Helmut Auer, helmut@helmutauer.de