[vdr] Re: Shutdown during recording

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003, Jens Groth (JG) wrote:

JG> Hello,
JG>
JG> I just discovered the following behaviour in vdr 1.2.6:
JG> - I started a timer scheduled recording
JG> - pressed the "Power off" button.
JG> - Got the OSD warning "Recording running! Really want to shutdown?"
JG> - pressed "OK" on remote
JG> - OSD changed to "Press any key to abort shutwon"
JG> - I pressed no key but the shutdown aborted anyway.

what exactly does it mean?
 (a) VDR didn't call your shutdown script
 (b) VDR did it, but the script decided not to shutdown

if (a) and you passed the script to VDR correctly (-s option), then this
might be a new bug or a new feature of VDR

JG> If so, than I might have to change my shutdown scripts (btw I use
JG> nvram-wakeup).

if (b) is true, then yes. You have to change your shutdown script (the one
called by VDR) to meet your requirements.

note that if a recording is running, then VDR passes its start time to the
shutdown  script  and  nvram-wakeup will not set the time in the past. you
might  want  to change the script according to your needs. (you might want
to ckeck the last parameter as well)

c ya,
        Sergei
--